Marketing Tools, some of us use them, all of use need them! And, after a marathon writing session of ebooks and blogs I literally ran out of creative juices right before my last blog for this month. Taking a tip from my 52 Ideas ebook (blatant self-promotion) I’ve decided to share some of my favorite marketing tool resources.
My Favorite Marketing Tools and Resources:
- Unbounce. Easily one of my favorite tools and one that fills a real need. Landing pages significantly increase your conversions and the overall effectiveness of your marketing but there is a science to them that few of us have time (or the design skills) to really take advantage of. Many marketers are also handcuffed by their need to have their web developer create new pages. Unbounce answers those challenges. Beyond the ability to create powerful pages, Unbounce does a tremendous job of bringing together resources, examples and information about landing pages.
- Marketing.AI. Well, I honestly can’t say I love it – yet. It’s brand new and I’m still working with the trial but I’m loving what I see. A powerful content management tool, Marketing AI goes way beyond a spreadsheet calendar, allowing you to track content from ideation to publication with a powerful all-up calendar that beats the best editorial spreadsheets.
- Butterfly Publisher. Full disclosure – we sell Butterfly Publisher – but we also use it and love it. It’s a powerful content management system that allows you to publish original content to all your social networks, curate content and push out your best social content in a weekly social digest. With special promotions, reporting and polls, Butterfly is the most complete end to end content publishing tool out there. (And Microsoft is co-funding it for their Dynamics partners.)
- Shutterstock. I’m a visual person. My ebooks are loaded with images and I’m known for PowerPoints with no text. And stock photos make me itch. It’s not cheap but Shutterstock has one of the most extensive collections of images around that will make your presentations, ebooks, articles, and website look entirely professional. (Just don’t select the standard ‘three people sitting around, looking at a computer’ – waaaaaay over-used.)
- Broken Link Checker. If you’re in charge of your site – this tool is a MUST have. Quickly scan your site for broken links (FREE!).
- Doodle. Okay – I’m cheating – it’s not technically a marketing tool. If you’ve ever had to schedule a meeting with people outside your company (and your calendar system) Doodle is a life saver. (FREE!)
I hope you find some of these marketing tools as useful as I do. If you do use one and want to pay it forward, please share your favorite tools back!
For more marketing ideas, tips, and tricks, opt-in to the monthly marketing newsletter from The Partner Marketing Group, a marketing consulting and services company for resellers of ERP, CRM, and other technology products.