Gear Up for Microsoft’s Convergence
Taking a page from David Letterman, here is my ‘top ten’ list to help you get ready for Microsoft’s customer event, Convergence, whether you are exhibiting or just attending:
10 Tips to Get Ready for Microsoft’s Convergence
- Business Cards – Do you have enough to take with you? Are they up to date? Do you need to have more printed? It is always a good idea to put a few extra in your suit case.
- Logoed Shirts – Have you checked yours lately? Are they falling apart? Your coordinator for shirt ordering will be much happier with you if you check that out now and not wait until the week before!
- Company Handouts – This is obviously more important if you are exhibiting, but it is good to have even if you are not. You never know who you will meet and what they will want more information about. This way, you can give them just a little more information about your company, helping you make a good impression. Make sure they are current as well; you DON’T want to hand something out with old products, website addresses or phone numbers.
- Event Schedule – RSVP for any events you may want to attend and add them to your calendar. There are many events going on before and during Convergence. Be sure to register for events like GPUG Pre-Game Event, where our very own Cheryl Strege and Barbara Pfeiffer will be teaming up to present “What Do Lady Gaga & Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 Have in Common?”, to Rock-N-Rave, or to any partner or ISV dinners. You’ll be surprised at how fast your calendar fills up, but then you at least have the expectations of what you can realistically attend or not.
- Team Schedule – It is always a good practice to have a schedule map for your team members on one document. This takes a little bit of time to coordinate before you leave, but it is worth it when you are there to have everyone’s schedules in one place, especially if there are a number of you there from your organization.
- Cell Phone Numbers – Be sure to program your team member’s cell phone numbers and anyone that you are meeting or would like to connect with into your own cell phone. You may think they are already there, but it is good to double check this before you leave.
- Exhibitor Plan – Make a list of exhibitors you want to see. Once you get in the expo, it is easy to forget who you wanted to visit when you see all the booths in one place.
- Social Media – Build a cheat sheet of your company’s social media sites so that you can post what is happening while you are at Convergence. It is also good to note the handles for Convergence itself:
- Mobile Updates – Sign up for event updates to be texted to you from Microsoft by texting CONV13 to 696738.
- Conference Necessities – Last but not least, don’t forget to pack some aspirin, Band-Aids and blister pads! Your feet and body will thank you later!
See You There
Okay, so this ‘top ten’ list isn’t quite the humor you would expect from David Letterman, but I hope that you found it helpful! Have a great Convergence and those of us at The Partner Marketing Group hope to see you there! Here’s a look at our faces again so you can recognize us in the crowd: https://thepartnermarketinggroup.com/about-us/the-people/.
For More Tips
For more marketing tips, visit www.ThePartnerMarketingGroup.com, or opt into our monthly newsletter by texting the letters TPMG to 22828