Have you ever reused a piece of your marketing content? Think of content repurposing like you would recycling, just with content you have already written. Instead of reinventing the wheel with new ideas, you can update the content you already have!
Repurposing content is a great way to get the most out of what you’ve already created.
If you have ever had a piece of content do particularly well, use it to help you drive further engagement. By simply converting written material into videos, social media posts, or even infographics you can freshen up your content, motivating your users to check out more of what you post – giving you a wider reach.
Benefits of Repurposing Your Content
Repurposing content offers great search engine optimization (SEO) benefits as it can help boost your SEO strategy. You’re not creating content just because—you’re putting out valuable resources—in multiple forms—that provide value to your users.
Additionally, repurposing content helps you scale, both in terms of content volume and audience reach. For example, creating a single blog post gives you presence, however, by creating a blog post that can be turned into an infographic, a social post, and/or a video gives you three different types of content to repurpose and share with your audience.
Use Quotes and Data to Share on Your Social Channels:
If your content contains any heavy-hitting quotes or data—always re-purpose those.
You can post quotes from articles on your social media accounts using graphics. One of the great things about sharing your content in a different way is that you can share it at any time- with almost the same value as when it was first published. And, when you create a new infographic from your existing content it can be a valuable strategy, especially when it comes to data. When your audience reads the blog post and your findings, data and visuals increase the impact of your words as images are more likely to be remembered or saved. Since social media sites can accommodate different content formats, you can choose how you want to share your repurposed content. You can post clips from videos, re-post past content such as blogs, and create graphics for other chunks of content such as important concepts from an article or research statistics.
Creative Ideas on How to Repurpose Your Content for Social Media:
- Pull quotes out of your blog content and create social media graphics – this can help get your content noticed even more!
- Create question images from your content to engage with your audience on social media.
- Memes – they aren’t for every business but, they are a great way to repurpose your content and as an added bonus, they are highly shareable!
- Share the data from your blog post and create a visually appealing impact with your audience – using an infographic showing the data.
Repurposing Your Content by Updating Old Content
Marketing is an ever-changing landscape. With change comes the need to update.
By updating some of your older posts and making the right adjustments, you can ensure your content appeals to today’s audience. You can also update your call-to-actions in articles that are still generating high traffic and potentially increase your lead generation.
You can update blog posts by:
- Adding in expert quotes.
- Updating the links in your blog.
- Changing the ALT text of your images within the blog.
- Targeting new keywords.
- Adding in new images or videos.
- Updating your call-to-actions.
Turn Your Blogs into Videos, Infographics, and More!
The simplest way to repurpose your blog content is by creating a video, infographic, podcast, or even a guide.
- Videos: Use a video template and turn your article into a video. This is a super helpful way to give visual representation of your content, and viewers are more likely to share videos over blogs.
- Infographics are a complete summary of the content of a blog post or article in a visual outline. While your audience can read about your findings in blog posts or eBooks, data visualizations, and visualizations are known to increase the impact of your words.
- Podcasts are a great way to reuse your high-performing content to reach your audience. Simply extract an audio file of the content or copy script and post it on any podcasting platform.
Creating content can be time-consuming, but with so many ways to repurpose your content, you can get the most out of your investment. It’s an amazing hack with benefits for engagement, improved SEO, audience reach, time saving, and MORE!
Remember, one piece of content = many pieces of content.
Enlist Expert Help
The Partner Marketing Group specializes in planning, creating, designing, and distributing targeted and compelling content for the technology industry. We can help you build your brand and ensure your content investment is working for you every day.
To learn more about our content services and programs for software and technology companies of all sizes, contact us today!