I recently attended a very good webcast called “The Power of the Panda” by Content MX because I’ve been hearing a lot about the dark side of duplicate content, syndicated content, replicated websites and whatever else you might want to call it. Key points I picked up at the webcast include…
Panda 4.0 Power Squashes Duplicate Content
- Panda 4.0 says NO to replicated websites.
- Google wants (1) original content; (2) relevant content; (3) engagement; (4) loyalty.
- Google determines a “good” site by (1) amount of traffic; (2) bounce rate; (3) return visits; (4) time spent.
- Panda likes “the share”. If people share your content, Panda likes and ranks you higher.
- Google looks at LinkedIn too, not just your website. So if you’re active on LinkedIn, have lots of contacts and followers, publish articles and other content, you could get a higher ranking.
- Don’t forget about the importance of mobile searches. Everything we do – websites, emails, newsletters – needs to be mobile-friendly. According to a statistic from Salesforce.com, 64% of decision-makers read their email on a mobile device. (You do, don’t you?)
Want to Learn More?
Want more? Watch the recorded version at https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/5086790851094057473