A quote attributed to Albert Einstein says “Insanity is doing the same things over and over expecting a different result.”
Unfortunately, those “same things over and over” tend to be negative as in…
- “Un-investing” in the website but somehow expecting that prospects will not only find you but want to buy from you.
- “Un-investing” in a social presence assuming it’s unimportant to your target audience.
- “Un-investing” in content that your prospects want to consume, assuming someone else will do it but somehow you’ll still win the deal. (Huh?)
If a partner asked the question, “what can I do differently over the summer to ensure my business survives and grows over the next year?” I would answer with about 10 things (or more) based on what I’ve seen working in the last year. But for the sake of brevity, I’ll limit my answer to the top two:
- Website, website, website. (That’s not three things, just triple emphasis on a single point.) Your website is your branding team, your marketing team, your pre-sales team, your sales team, and your “closer”. There’s just no excuse anymore for a design from the 1990’s, outdated copy, duplicate copy (no more using those “websites-in-a-box” without personalizing the content), and a lack of offers to convert visitors to prospects.
- For the second one and the rest of the article titled “Are You Insane?”, download it at https://thepartnermarketinggroup.com/articles/.
Also download your free eBook, “Beyond the Referral: How Technology Resellers Benefit from a Customer Advocacy Program” from The Partner Marketing Group: https://thepartnermarketinggroup.com/marketing-resources/
Written by Cheryl Strege